Happy Wednesday, friends! We thought we’d share a fun little post today on the often-neglected groom style! We’ve seen some pretty stylin’ grooms lately, and we have to say – it adds so much to your photos when your man is totally complementing your gorgeous bridal style! We thought we’d share a few tips that will help your soon-to-be-hubby love how he looks in photos, too!
1. What Not To Wear: A baggy rented tux / suit. Anything that you have to cinch to fit to your waist / back is probably not going to flatter a man much in photos, either!
2. Complement the style of your wedding! If you’re getting married on a farm, we are loving the gingham shirts, suspenders, bowties, and tailored pants/vest/jacket in any combination! If you’re having a black-tie affair, there’s nothing more handsome than a well-fitting, tailored black or blue tux with a bowtie. If you’re having an alternative styled wedding, a slim suit with a skinny tie and quirky socks looks amazing. If it’s in the winter, a cozy sweater or tweed suit looks awesome.
3. Pay attention to the shoes. Unlike the bride’s beautiful heels that will peek out occasionally, the shoes are the finishing touch to a man’s suit. Get your man a great pair of distressed leather brown dress shoes and he will feel like a million bucks in them – and they’ll look awesome on, too!
4. Fit is everything for a man’s suit. Have your man get his suit tailored, even if it’s the right size. An excellent tailor can make all the difference between a suit looking store-bought or custom-designed.
5. Have your groomsmen coordinate with you. Do them a favor and have them buy their groomsmen outfit, rather than renting! Stores like H & M have great styled, inexpensive suits, shirts, suspenders, and even shoes. Your groomsmen will thank you for not wasting the $75 on a rental, and instead they have a great outfit they can use again!
And I have to end with a picture of my stud groom on our wedding day 😉 We had our guys buy a slim British suit from H & M and we bought them their skinny ties from Express.
As always, we’d love to hear your thoughts! Brides, what are you having your men wear on your wedding day? We can’t wait to hear!